Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Need to pick it up a little...

Unbelievably, I have only ridden a little over a hundred miles this month.  That is pretty pathetic.  I realize that I have only been riding my mtb for two months straight, and now it gets dark very early.  Consider, in october I rode over 400 miles, averaging about a hundred per week.  Ive gotten in a grand total of 7 rides this month?  Whoa. okay.. okay.. I suppose there are excuses with the holidays, with the sun going down so early, etc...

So.  Even through these short days Im going to need to step it up a little.  I need at least one long road ride during the week.  Since it is getting dark early - before I even get out of work - I am going to need to start riding at night.  That will have to be on the mtb and on sidewalks or rail-to-trails - since there is no way I am going to ride at night on the road. There's the cady way trail right next to work. That should get me back to a hundred miles a week.  My fitness has not suffered greatly over the last two months, and I have not gained weight. Still: I need more miles... and if I continue to get so few miles in, my fitness will definitely start to suffer.  Its also difficult to motivate myself when I always ride alone.  I have zero friends who cycle.  zilch.

No comments:

Post a Comment