Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I hate stationary bikes.

With all of the rain over the last week or two (may I remind you - the rain coincided with my vacation) I have not been able to get out on the bike as much as I would like.  Last night I headed over to the gym to get a workout in on a stationary bike.  I have not been on a stationary bike in about 2 months and figured it would be a good way to get an hour or so worth of exercise in.

I chose 'alpine pass' as the workout.  Instead of mountains, the only scenery was the back of some sweaty dude and a TV that had the volume down. The stationary bike had an enormous seat. When I say enormous, I mean it.  When will these designers realize that bigger is not always better? It was absolutely not comfortable. I adjusted the 'seat post' so that I would have decent leg extension, and began peddling. Within 2 minutes my knees and ass started to hurt. In all, I managed a miserable 40 minutes and 13 miles worth of 'riding'.

This time of year sucks too. Bah.  There aren't enough hours in the day to get riding in, and the days I have time to ride its been raining!  I am absolutely not riding at night on the road bike.  Even during the summer on the after-work rides I would sometimes get caught with the sun going down - and I dont like riding on the sidewalk with 23mm tires. So.. I may bite the bullet and put some lights on the Fantom, pick up some slicks and start riding after work on that... If only I had my old work schedule.. 11 to 8. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment