Monday, February 15, 2010

Tour De Cure in Orlando Florida - Update

Looks like I have made my 150 dollar goal with a couple of weeks to spare.  I sent out an email at work, and quite rapidly folks donated.  I work with generous people!  Its funny - I sent an email out to people at my previous employer and got not a single donation.  The moment I send an email out at my current employer?  Goal met.  Im glad I left that place to come here.  Needless to say, I am working hard to get some road miles in.  I rode 65 miles this weekend.  A week and a half is not much time to prepare for a century - if I do indeed make the 250 dollar goal.  Luckily I have been riding pretty consistently for the last year. 

The 60 mile ride should be absolutely no problem, however, 100 miles may pose a bit of a challenge.  I will ride like hell for the next two weeks and take a couple days off before the ride to rest my body. I want to raise as much money as possible, but the 100 miles worries me a little. haha. Whatever, its going to be a pretty flat ride with a group.  My plan is to just find a group where I can suck wheel for a long time, stop and stretch every other rest-stop, and generally take it easy.  I switched seatposts with the mtb - because the mtb seatpost wasnt quite long enough.  So, I need to dial in my position a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment