Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Got a response from Bikes Direct

As you know my bike was inadvertently named a 'Motobceane' instead of a Motobecane. I finally sent bikesdirect a message through mtbr.com after not hearing from them through their normal email address and got a response within a couple of hours. I sent them some photos of the botched decal and Mike over at Bikes Direct is going to forward those on to the factory. He mentioned something about a discount or an exchange. Im sort of torn between the two. He said he would get back to me after hearing something from the factory.

Do I go for an exchange? Does this mean I tear this bike down and send the whole thing back, and recieve a new one in the box? OR does this mean they mail me a new frame with proper stickers? To be honest, Im not so keen on ripping the bike completely apart and installing to a new frame. I think I would be okay with getting a whole new bike and packing this one up and sending it to them - at their expense. There is also the possibility of having them ship a new bike to Cycle Spectrum, and I drop this one off there. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment